BN2010 is going to be a big one as it is Unibuds' 30th year anniversary and we all hope to make it a very memorial one. The choir team is very enthusiastic this year and I am very happy to see that. The songs that we will be presenting this year, apart from the english song "Wisdom and Compassion", are Medley of songs performed in previous Bodhi Nite. We choose 3 songs of different language namely, English, Indo as well as Mandarin which signify the togetherness in unibuds. The medley will end with the Unibuds Song which is composed by Sussanna. We are honoured to have Sussanna to give advices as well as guiding the choir performance for the unibuds song.
This year's mandarin song is co-composed by Ian, our Unibuds president, and Clarisse. Lyrics is by Susan. The song has a pentatonic scale verse which progresses into major scale chorus. We did some changes to the bridge as the original melody was too fast and it is unable to relay the meaning of the song clear enough for the choir, in other words, the choir will be messy when they were to sing the original version.
The last song that our choir will be singing is the chant of metta sutra song. It is a tradition to have a sutra song for our Bodhi Nite. This is very peaceful and nice song. HHB (Hip Hop Buddhas - Gilbert, Vinda, Jane, John and me) modified the chant of metta and presented the song as a rap during the 1st full dress rehearsal. Our motivation behind this is to surprise everyone and let all those involved in BN to have a good laugh before the long BN rehearsal starts and we did a great job in achieving our goal.
Me and Jane joined the city2surf last sunday. We ran 14km in 1hr 30min. Jane is a good runner haha. It was a great experience although my muscle ache a lot the next day. I think I will join this event again next year.
Well I have been slacking all the time with no mood to do my research. For the past few weeks, I am like part time research and full time unibuds. Well things have to change, I have to force myself to get my engines going as there will be a meeting with my supervisor coming next tuesday. fight on YK… I'm tired now =.=' nitezz
No comments:
Post a Comment