As mentioned earlier, I got into the finals for TVBA's singing competition which was held last Saturday (03/07/2010). The most valuable thing that I gained from this competition is the experience as well as a group of talented friends who share the same interest as I do. This was my first time getting into the finals of such a big competition, the large scale competition which I joined like maybe 6 years ago was Malaysia's Astro Talent Quest in which I was eliminated in the first round. So after all those years, I can consider my singing improving even though there are still a lot that I have to learn. Last year's university competition got me into top 10 and in this competition, I achieved the top 5 spot.
So here's what happened during the competition night...
I sang 精舞门 for the first round and was lucky and fortunate to have four of my close friends to be my dancers. All I can say is that singing while dancing is really a tough thing to do as I felt myself going out of breathe all the time. On the dance steps, I got a few steps wrong but there was nothing I can say much except more practices but I don't think the audiences will notice that I got my steps wrong. Another small mistake occured when I was doing the last move for the song which is stepping on one of my friend's thigh and jump but my friend slipped and luckily no one was hurted.
- My thoughts after reviewing the video recorded by my friend was that I went out of pitch a few times during the chorus. A pretty good performance overall. Thanks to my dear valuable dancer friends.
Our performance in the first round got me into round 3 straight away which went exactly as what I wanted because I did not prepare anything for the 2nd round and I choose the same song which i sang last year during the university star competition, 起床歌. Well after all the worrying because of having the same song with Geoff, both of us were lucky enough not to sing that song on the night.
Round 3 was oldies "PK" match in which all contestants randomly picked an envelope which decide which contestants compete with each other by singing a song dated before year 2000. My opponent was our dear buddy Geoff… what a coincident. Geoff did very well in this round with Lee Hom's 不可能錯過你 but nontheless the judges favour my rendition of Jeff's "不要對他說". I went off pitch a few times for this song but was really lucky to get the chance to go into the final round. Honestly I feel that Geoff should have entered into the final round because his performance was close to perfect except that the song was probably a bit easier to present.
A 1 minute accapella was what we were being tested on for the 4th or Final round. I sang a song by my idol, Lin Jun Jie entitled 醉赤壁. A beautiful song but again there was my dear enemy called pitching problem again. I went slightly off for some low notes in the song. Even though choosing a different song might got me a better results for the final, nonetheless top 5 is good enough and there is still room for improvement.
Overall I was quite satisfied with my performance because I get to sing all the songs which I never sang before in karaoke room and still got some good results out of it. I have to work harder to get to the top :-) Add oil and practice more
Friday, July 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment